Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Columbia Heights Street Photography

I always knew Mount Pleasant/Columbia Heights, where I live in DC, where visually interesting places, but it took a couple of recent photography class assignments to actually get out and see how many compelling compositions, textures, shadows and people there are around me. I spent a couple of recent Saturday afternoons doing some long and rambling photo walks in my neighborhood, and had a ton of fun viewing things through the camera lens. These are some of my favorites, and it's fun to look at them now, because I don't think I would have noticed most of these things without having been looking to capture interesting visual moments. 


This last one is kind of weird, but I kind of like it. The neon noodle sign, the guy with the iPod, and how you can see the row houses leading into the skyline tell a visual story of the neighborhood to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment